I am new to this whole blogging thing. I can tell.
I think you are supposed to post as you do things, but that hasn’t worked out for me yet. I’ve got to start somewhere though, right?
Most people that know me know that I love Thai food. Actually, I love ethnic food of every variety (except maybe American and Canadian 🙂
I am currently living for two months with a couple who are not big into a lot of different spices. As a result, I am having to find easy meals that don’t require a lot of ingredients.
Easy Peasy Red Thai Curry
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 chopped onion
- 1-2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1/4 C coconut cream
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 C chopped peppers (I used orange and red ones that I found in the freezer)
- 1 small bunch of swiss chard, chopped (or other leafy green)
- 1/4 C roasted cashews
- Cilantro for garnish….and flavour!
1. Heat oil over medium heat and saute onions until they start to soften.
2. Add garlic and ginger and saute for one minute.
3. Add red curry paste, coconut cream, raw sugar, soy sauce and water. Blend with a wooden spoon and let simmer over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Stir in peppers, swiss chard and cashews. Cover for 3-4 minutes.
Enjoy garnished with cilantro, served over brown rice or other grain of choice!